The Advanced Configuration Environment (ACE) of PcVue brings a consistent and innovative platform to develop your application. PcVue ACE is designed to maximize programmer productivity by providing components with similar user interfaces. It presents a single interface in which all developments are done. This ACE brings many features for creating object descriptions, mimics, communication frame with PLC., user rights, etc.. . It also provides advanced tools for creating the client/server architecture and deploying the software throughout the network.
Dynamic, intuitive use of configuration boosts PcVue's ease of use.
PcVue ACE reduces the configuration time and increase developer productivity.
The ACE includes the Application Explorer, an “All in one” configuration tool for configuration and diagnosis, the Application Architect to modelize objects and create applications, and the Smart Generators a suite of import tools for mass configuration from third-party or in-house configuration tools (PLC programs, CAD drawings, user software and legacy SCADA/Building Management Systems).
- Application Architect
The Application Architect lets you use high-level facilities for templating and reuse of components.
It enables you to create reusable objects to integrate not only graphics, symbols and tables but also all the frequent configuration elements such as variables, alarms and their associated behaviors: events, archiving, thresholds, commands, scripts etc.
Benefits of the Application Architect
- Reduce development time
- Enhance application description reliability
- Eliminate the risk of errors
- Does not require developer scripting
- A ground breaking tool to help applying existing good design practices
- Branch and leaves
- Generic graphic objects
Build your applications in 4 steps: templating, differentiation, instantiation, customization.
- Identify the Inputs/Outputs
- Define the internal variables needed
- Identify the behaviors (trending, archiving etc.)
- Specify the graphical appearance
You can also define higher-level models by inheritance and/or inclusion.
This step lets you identify and specify the differences between the processes of a model in three ways:
- Manual input
- Evaluated expression: by calculation
- Values of preset parameters
- Specifying the process structure
- Representing physical objects as facilities (motor, conveyor, production line, fan, p ump, air treatment centre, floor etc.)
- Input any value required to differentiate instances
- A component may be very similar to another without justifying a supplementary model, so the Application Architect enables you to customize processes to take account of their particular features.
- Unit modifications of instances :
- Add or remove elements on a particular instance
- Only if an additional template is not worth
- Templating is sometimes not applicable or not useful across the whole application, so the Application Explorer and the Smart Generators can be used together on a project.
- Application Explorer
The Application Explorer is an “All in one” configuration tool, including the features for configuring all parts of supervisory project:
- Data processing
- User management
A consistent and modern user-friendly interface based on the ergonomic rules for systems environments to make the design easier and faster:
- Based on a tree view structure and lists of elements
- Easy duplication of branches and sub elements
- Multiple Document Interface
- Copy, Cut & Paste including sub-elements
- Intuitive navigation: previous & next
- Various display options: icons, list, details...
- Standard Windows keyboard shortcuts
- Smart Generators
The Smart Generators enable you to generate an application automatically and to import from external sources.
It facilitates and accelerates dramatically the development of a PcVue project avoiding the loss of time of a double configuration and all risk of error. The wizards guide you through the process of extracting data from third party applications and using it to generate elements of PcVue’s configuration (variable database, communication configuration, mimics etc.).
The multiple Wizards guide you through the process of configuring:
- your network architecture
- the archiving database
- the redundancy process